Some sports stars are known more for their dashing good looks than their athletic skills. Here we take a look at the world sexiest sportsmen.
1. Rafael Nadal (“Rafa”)is a Spanish professional tennis player and a former world No. 1. As of 26 August 2013, he is ranked No. 2 by the ATP. He is considered one of the greatest players of all time. Recently Rafael Nadal wins US Open after beating Novak Djokovic. His success on clay has earned him the nickname “King of Clay”. He is only the second male player, after Andre Agassi, to complete the Career Golden Slam. Rafael Nadal has now 13 Major titles to his name after winning the US Open defeating Novak Djokovic in the final on Monday. Rafael Nadal is the best player in the world heading into the US Open final, says world number one Novak Djokovic.
2. Alessandro Del Piero Ufficiale OMRI is an Italian footballer who plays for Sydney FC in the A-League. He is third in the ranking of Italian all-time top scorers. He was voted in the list of best European players for the past 50 years in the UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll. He played three FIFA World Cup and four UEFA European Football Championship with the Italian national team. Del Piero is married to Sonia Amoruso and the two have been together since 1999 and married in 2005. They have three children. Del Piero is married to Sonia Amoruso and the two have been together since 1999 and married in 2005. They have three children.
3. David Robert Joseph Beckham, is an English former footballer. He has played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Real Madrid, Milan, Los Angeles Galaxy, Paris Saint-Germain, and the England national team for which he holds the appearance record for an outfield player. David Beckham is married to Victoria Beckham and they have four children. Beckham was the first England player ever to collect two red cards and the first England captain to be sent off.
4. Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who, as of August 2013, is ranked world no. 7 by the ATP. He holds several men’s world records of the Open Era: holding the world no. 1 position for 302 weeks overall. Federer is married to former Women’s Tennis Association player Mirka Vavrinec. On 23 July 2009, Mirka gave birth to identical twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva. He supports a number of charities through the Roger Federer Foundation. Federer has acknowledged that his athletic abilities were largely forged in his youth, when he played every sport he encountered, though, he said, “I was always very much more interested if a ball was involved.”
5. Andrew Barron “Andy” Murray, is a Scottish professional tennis player, ranked World No. 3 and British No. 1. Since 2006 Murray has been in a relationship with Kim Sears, daughter of player turned coach Nigel Sears, who is regularly seen attending his matches. Murray is a founding member of the Malaria No More UK Leadership Council and helped launch the charity in 2009 with David Beckham. Andy Murray has also taken part in several charity tennis events.